My employer mandates that that anyone in a leadership roll carry a cell phone with email capability. I have over the past few years refused to carry two phones, so I've just carried the phone they give me, which is a Blackberry. As it is tied into the company's network, all the "smart" features are under lock down. Our IT department is quite restrictive. Heck, we still run IE 5 and Windows XP. Fighting this is pointless.

Well after a recent business trip with some other employees who are not at my level in the organization who have personal smart phones, I want one..... I was constantly asking someone else to use their phones to get us "un lost" or search for a restaurant or a golf course, and other things. All of these things I could not do with my "dumb" phone. It was quite irritating to say the least.

I was told by some of the others (who thought my predicament was quite comical) that I can get an App that would work with an IPhone that would access the company email system, and I could just have my company provided cell phone number forwarded to the I phone. - I refuse to carry two phones.

I figured I'd just get one of the IPhones, but the service provider I'd rather go with (better coverage) does not sell IPhones. All they have is a Samsung Galaxy Sii. The local competitor has the new IPhone 5, but like I mention, their coverage is not as good. (I need nation wide coverage).

Another option I suppose is to just buy a phone out right and get a plan, but damn these phones are expensive...

Reviews on the net are all over the place. Seams like there is bias in the reviews, just like speakers. I'd appreciate some unbiased thoughts / opinions on phones. Figured you guys and gals would be a great place to start. I really do not know much about these phones. Battery life is pretty important though, as I have to charge my BB every night.