So, I finally hooked up a Denon AVR1713 to my new M-22 in walls in my den/office. I am running 4.0 with two speakercraft in ceilings - just because. Now first let me say that I own the M-80v3's (living room) and new on wall M-22's (bedroom) powered by pioneer elite and panasonic digital amps (until I wire in my Denon AVR 4520 this weekend and the shuffle begins). So my point is that I've heard a number of axiom speakers and can directly compare them to the on wall versions having had the panny temporarily installed in the den too.

I am very, very impressed. I was going to put in a subwoofer somehow in the room but I've scrapped those plans. For semi-casual itunes listening while I work away these things rock.

I really like the on-walls (great brushed silver finish) and M-80's but these things simply hold their own. Now I believe the AVR-1713 is a nice sounding amp for the price point and I am sure Audessey has done wonders to my 4.0 set up but I am very impressed. I hear great frequency response and great imaging - much better than I ever thought possible with in-wall speakers. Axiom, bravo, you've made both my wife happy with clean, slim looks (speakers not me!) and me happy with great fidelity.

If you are looking for a slim in wall look but are worried about sound quality, have no fear.

I have one more room to outfit with speakers in my house...eventually. I will have no problems reaching for the in wall M-22's again.

Temp.setup - 2.1 - Denon 1713 AVR, Denon 1713 BRD, Paradigm Cinema 200, and Monitor Audio 360 Sub