I learned long ago that constantly worrying about achieving the perfect setup & sound was largely counterproductive & really not worth the effort. Besides, aesthetics are important as well because I can't live with a setup that does not look pleasing to me & especially my wife. I am fortunate as both my 'Audio Room' & 'HT Room' are irregularly shaped & thus are largely immune to standing waves & drop outs.

When I read in the other forums how fanatical people are about moving speakers 1/2 an inch to attempt to get that last % of performance makes me chuckle. Then, after all of their effort & tweaking, if they perceive that it hasn't met with their often unrealistic expectations, then it's off to sell their gear & purchase something else. It's not something that I do very often - I happily listened to my AX2s for a couple of decades, ha!.

I don't think that the bass-heads ever really get immersed in the essence of a movie as they are more engaged in measuring & assessing ULF response every time they put a show on. Each to his own, but it is beyond me.

Initially I set up my 'HT' with Audyssey & after it directed me to decrease my subs to a more correct level, I've left well enough alone. I listen to program material rather than the equipment & it all sounds pretty good to me.

Much like the overall Axiom design & manufacturing philosophy, we have a much more mature & pragmatic approach to things over here.

I like that...

TAM