Originally Posted By: axiom_man
Originally Posted By: Murph
Originally Posted By: axiom_man
OK
You cannot go wireless to wireless with routers. If you need to extend or go wireless from the router to another you need a bridge or extender.

Not entirely true. I'm using bridge mode on my 2nd floor Lynksis router to maintain the same subnet being dished out by my basement located ISP provided router/modem. I wasn't getting a good signal on other floors from my basement utility room. It just took some digging in Google to find how to set it up appropriately.

Hence , the sentence, " If you need to extend or go wireless from the router to another you need a bridge or extender."
Same, thing just your buying a router and converting it, switching it's options to a Bridge. Whynot just pay leas and buy the bridge in 5ghz

Nope.
My basement wifi router is feeding my second floor wifi router via wireless just fine. There is no bridge required in the middle. In my case "bridging" refers to the feature that allows the passthrough of DHCP from the original router and all devices are on the same network.

I realize you are speaking of a different thing. A bridge to connect two routers. However, your first sentence said in a blanket statement that a router can't go to another router wirelessly and that is just not true.

I just didn't want him to think his options were limited.

Why am I using a more expensive router instead of a bridge? Because I needed to extend the signal up to the third floor and I already owned it, thus making it the cheaper solution.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.