I have both the 350 and 500. The 350 is in a bedroom for casual listening, mostly music and network tv. It works as intended. To get it to balance I still needed to turn the gain way down so there is room to spare with the amp. I had a number of placement issues with it but finally found a good spot for it.

I like the 500. I find if very musical (my key concern in a sub) but honestly a bit pricey. If you are on a budget I would recommend putting money in your front and center and if that means you need to buy a used sub or wait for the sub purchase I think you will come out in the long run. Or else run 5.1 for a bit.

The 60's and vp160 are about the only two axiom speakers I don't own. I love my vp180. The vp150 is in the master and again it performs exactly as I intended for a very nice secondary system.

If you can get to 60's and vp160 on your particular budget I am sure you would be very happy.

Lastly I STRONGLY recommend the custom paint option on any QS speakers. Axiom did a wonderful job my QS-8's and scored MAJOR points on the WAF scoreboard. They blend great on the wall.

Did I mention the custom paint option for the QS?

Temp.setup - 2.1 - Denon 1713 AVR, Denon 1713 BRD, Paradigm Cinema 200, and Monitor Audio 360 Sub