First off I have to say I am very impressed and happy with these M80's. I bought them second hand from a friend. They are the V2's. Amazing soundstage and these are putting to shame a lot of my poorly recorded music that I have been listening to for awhile not realizing how bad it is.

Now to the issue at hand. I have this crispiness/crackling sound(sorry for the non-technical description) coming from pretty much what seems to be the top tweeter. Its like a slight popping type noise. I went ahead and ordered a couple of new tweeters feeling pretty confident that was the issue, in the meantime I swapped out the tweeters from my vp150 in to the m80 to see if that would fix the problem. Well it was still there.

Other things I have tried was to switch the M80 with the issue to the channel and connections of the M80 without any issue and the problem is still there. It doesn't happen all the time, only some songs trigger it, and for the most part the higher the quality the recording is, the less it is there or not there at all.

My setup is an Emotiva XPA-5 and Marantz SR6005 AVR. I am running some older Audyssey equalizer setting from my previous speakers, but I don't think this would cause an issue in just one speaker, I would think it would cause the issue with them all.

Anyways any input is much appreciated. Overall I am really enjoying these, its just when I hear the noise I go looking for it in every recording I listen to.