Originally Posted By: Boltron
Jazz is a huge genre with styles ranging from big band sounds of the 30's to contemporary stuff. I listen to contemporary stuff say 50's and later and more specifically I stick to the sound of smaller bands (trios, quartets) with bass, one maybe two horns, vocals and drums. I do not listen to big bands. I especially like women vocalists. This is my taste and along those lines here are some stuff to listen too.

- Melody Gardot. I just discovered her and new The Absence album. Very distinctive vocals and sound.
- Diana Krall. Lots of stuff. Some of my favorite songs are Temptation, Cry Me A River, The Look Of Love, So Nice.
- Madeleine Peyroux. Very distinctive vocals. I love her early stuff, albums Dreamland and Careless Love in particular. When I first discovered her I was totaly smitten.

We went to a concert featuring all three of these ladies on the same bill and it was terrific. It was in a park with a small pond in front of the stage. A couple a ducks landed and started quacking in the middle of one of Dianna Kraal's songs. She stopped playing and said "Do you mind I'm trying to work here".

Raspberry Pi running Squeezelite->IQAudio Pi-DAC->NAD C320BEE amp->Usher S-520 bookshelf speakers