I'm in the middle of a cross-country road trip with my family: wife, 9yo son, 7yo daughter, and 13yo dog. We started in the DC area of VA on Feb. 16, going southwest. We hit Chattanooga, TN, Birmingham, AL, Jackson, MS, Shreveport, LA, Paris, TX, that hung out with my parents in Oklahoma City, OK. I flew back to work two weeks while the remainder of the family continued to Amarillo, TX, Vega, TX for two nights during a blizzard, Albuquerque, NM, Petrified Forest National Park, Flagstaff, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and then to Mammoth Lakes, CA for skiing with my wife's parents, where I rejoined them.

This past Monday, we departed Mammoth Lakes, CA and drove over the Sierra Nevadas just south of Lake Tahoe to Loomis, CA to spend a night with my sister's family. The drive was absolutely gorgeous. Snow everywhere but the road -- as it should be, smile From there we drove to Carmel Valley, CA to spend the night with my wife's cousin and her husband. That town is a little piece of paradise, let me tell you. Perfect weather, too.

Now, I'm posting this from Berkeley, CA where we're staying a few days to show the kids and dog all the places we used to take them when they were younger, and to hang out with my wife's sister's family. On Saturday evening, we'll book it to Denver as efficiently as possible where we'll visit with my sister and her new twins. From there, we'll book it to Chicago to get a tour of the Fermilab and to visit with my two brothers. Next stop will be outside Cleveland to stay the night with my wife's aunt, then home by March 24.

Whew!