I may as well put all the answer in this post.

The Bryston line was a ground up design and all the drivers were modified to suit each speaker. Even within the Bryston line up there are three versions of the 8” and two versions of the 5.25”. I should like to add that it has been a real pleasure working with the Bryston on this project; they have a real passion for great audio products.

The LFR1100 has a ¾” front baffle and seven stagger spaced window braces. For both the LFR1100 and the Bryston Model T every speaker is measured in our big chamber where it can be held to very tight tolerances.

The 8” drivers in the Bryston Centre Channel speaker ended up making it better suited to have the two tweeters in the centre. Designing multi-driver systems, especially when there is more than one tweeter, is a challenging endeavour and it will not always end up as you first envision it. The first R&D samples of the Bryston Centre Channel did have the two 5.25” drivers in the centre. When designing multi driver systems the individual curves can be pretty wild looking but our research shows that what you actually hear is an averaging of all these curves put into “various buckets” you might say. Beyond this the overall effect is something we seem to find quite pleasing. Up until about 15 years ago I was from the camp that would not believe that multiple driver designs, especially multiple tweeters, could ever be beneficial. But, when done the right way, it was quite telling in the listen test results; enough to force my switchover.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer