Thank you all. I got the chance to finish installing and calibrating the sound system and my network of software and hardware components making up my remote control around 8h45 in the morning.

Quite nice! There is ZERO ambient noise whatsoever. Anything piano or pianissimo can be heard with a perfect level of precision. For those who knows Debussy's "Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune", it is essentially a piece of piano subtleties. It was the first time I truly heard it properly and it brought tears to my eyes.

Pipe organ also brought tears to my eyes, but it might just have been sound pressure! smile

I tested the sound proofing of the house by setting a very loud pipe organ work from Kneller into a loop. Inside the music room (not yet a Home Theater as projector and screen are not there yet) it ranged from 96db to 104db. At those levels, you cannot hear it from outside without knowing it is playing and getting very, very close from the foundation. I had to raise the volume another +6db before the music became somewhat noticeable from a few feet away. So I am pretty safe on bothering the neighbors!

Well... I managed to enjoy a spread-out 3, 3.5 hours of music during the day and at night. It was very nice! Got up this morning and enjoyed another 20 minutes before breakfast... Too bad, I am now back at work... frown

See Mojo's signature