Thanks John. I'm comfortable with the flexibility and power of the AVR approach for the reasons suggested but just don't like the physical presence for a Study. And yes we pay inflated prices down under but I could just get a second hand AVR (without any fancy Video Processing as these older HDMI units are now cheap as chips).

I've had lots of toing and froing with Axiom over this system trying to work out why I've blown 3 x "mid woofers" on the Sat and never the Tweeters or the drivers in the Sub. Axiom suggested that the system should be able to play at full vol from the included Audiobyte amp and that it must be distortion in the input but.....now I just play at lower sound pressure levels. (note: I'm also on my second amp - the first one had a bad hum to it. I've also removed the flying remote as this introduced a hum as well a certain positions.... + I replaced all the supplied cables with shielded / ferrite baluns and they made a big improvement removing hum) and so far so good. I'm just nervous of "Cranking" it up, hence the Q on the upgrade path. Given the full AVR alternative I may just enjoy what I have yet!

HT:M80,VP150,QS8,EP500 Outside:4xM3 Office:AudioBytes, Rumpus: M60,VP150,M22 Portable:2 x Airs