Not implying anybody is greedy or selfish (except myself). A good center will improve your listening enjoyment. I've used them all from VP160 down. For horizontal centers, I wouldn't want to go anything less than a VP160. My 2nd choice would be VP150. My vertical M22 mounted over the top of the TV, along with matching M22's left and right, makes an excellent sound field. There really isn't anything better than 3 matching speakers. The VP160 under the TV adds some fullness that wouldn't be there otherwise.

Lately been playing with Pioneers sound options because I downloaded the app for it on my iPad, which makes it simple to change. I like switching between THX Cinema and the Font Wide sound options. Wide makes the sound feel like it's coming from the whole width of the front wall with my speakers mounted near the middle. I don't know how this works. But I don't think I like it better than TXH Cinema, or Pure Direct. I'm not hearing much, if any, difference between THX Cinema and Pure Direct.

Last edited by CatBrat; 05/07/13 05:36 PM.