Hi Cat,

With ISPs delving into the security business now, pricing for 'connected' systems is starting to get competitive.

I'm not an expert as I'm not directly involved but I know that my company's system includes all the usual stuff, (door & window sensors, motion sensors, cameras, etc) all of which can send notifications to smartphones or any internet device. Also, you can live view your cameras at home via your smartphone or other device as well. It also provides remote control of your heating/cooling systems, lights or other appliances, if you wish. Your camera feeds are backed up via a secure tunnel to our data center so the crooks can't simply smash your PC, VCR etc. to destroy the footage.

If you shop around, you should be able to find competitive prices in the market right now. At least until the competitive pressure from ISPs trying hard to get into the market balances out and things begin to level out again.

--
Trying to figure out your door that requires a key for both sides though. Why do you want that and what happens if there is a fire or do you have a keypouch sewn into your pajamas?

EDIT:
or a proximity card sewn into his pajamas......
I'm currently laughing hysterically picturing a panicked Brian doing pelvic thrusts to his door trying to get the proximity sensor to unlock his door for his escape.

Last edited by Murph; 05/15/13 04:02 PM. Reason: planting a picture in your heads

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.