I am building my 2nd sub (turning into quite a monster, but should be nice when done - pictures to come later) and was wondering if I am going to gain much with the second sub. It seems like the "Best" locations for a two sub setup could be one up front and one in the back of the theater, or one along the middle of each side wall. That won't work for me. I need to keep things up front behind my false wall.

So I am wondering if I will get much benefit from this or if I am just doing this to sound cool that I built my own sub, blah blah blah...

I saw this on another vendor's website, but wanted to run it past some "experts" here. The diagram isn't mine either, but shows the sub placement idea to match the words.

Try positioning the subs along the front wall with the woofer cone centers at the 1/4 and 3/4 distances of the room width. Rooms that are sympathetic with subs at these locations will yield almost as much bass output as corner placement but with a smoother overall frequency response. Of course, this reduces overall output compared to full corner placement, but most quality subwoofers nowadays have more than enough headroom to compensate.

Time to go watch the Axiom Multiple Subwoofer videos maybe.

Farewell - June 4, 2020