Originally Posted By: ClubNeon
I guess this is as good a thread as any to ask about a particular technical detail of the DSP box.

At what sampling rate does it operate internally? And how does it deal with any input signal that is at or above it's Nyquist limit?

I'm perfectly OK with a sampling rate in the 40 kHz range. Though, unless there's a steep decimation filter before the ADC, any Blu-rays foolishly encoded at 96 or 192 kHz may cause audible aliasing artifacts when resampled at that lower rate.

Hi ClubNeon,

As you are likely aware, there are three main components to the processing chain inside the DSP box: ADCs, DSP core, and DACs. Both the ADCs and DACs are Sigma-Delta, 24-bit, and operating at a 96kHz sampling rate. Inside the DSP core itself most of the processing instructions are double precision, 56-bit (28-bit × 28-bit multiplier with 56-bit accumulator). The DSP core is capable of performing 50 MIPS and we are utilizing a fraction of the available headroom. There is an active anti-aliasing filter at the input to the ADCs.

I hope that answers your questions!