I know what you are saying, but they are saying that due to the nature of it being printed on fabric and not on a truly solid surface, you can't print 300+ dpi anyway. They can accept it, but it will just look closer to 150 dpi when done, again due to the nature of fabric having threads and holes that you can see.

EDIT: OK. According to their website (spoonflower.com):
Quote:
As a rule of thumb, an image the size of a standard sheet of paper in landscape (11"x8.5") at 300 dpi will fill an 18"x21" fat quarter. The same sheet at 600 dpi will fill a yard (42" wide x 36" long).

Acceptable file formats are JPG, PNG, GIF, TIF, SVG, AI, and EPS, and the file must be less than 40 MB. Vector files (AI, SVG, or EPS) are converted to PNG format during the upload process at a size chosen by you.

With their yards at 42" wide I will need to get 2 yards (won't use it all) to get a piece 42" x 72" using just the 36" x 60" middle of that.

EDIT2: So I opened up Photoshop and just saved a 36" x 60" image of nothing as a TIFF (since TIFF isn't compressed, it would give me the final file size no matter what I put in it). It came to 139MB at 150 dpi since that seems to be what they can print at. Since I am limited to a file size of 40 MB, I would have to do some level of compression.

Last edited by nickbuol; 07/24/13 04:03 AM. Reason: Added EDITS 1 and 2

Farewell - June 4, 2020