Tom, I don't know anything about that discussion that you've had elsewhere, but I certainly can confirm that the M22s have strong response to well below 80Hz. They would appear to drop rapidly below that frequency to someone simply looking at a graph taken in an anechoic chamber which doesn't give accurate numbers below about 80-85Hz. The impedance curve indicates(from the bass dip minimum)that the enclosure is tuned to the high 50s of Hz. Beyond this, support in the bass from closeness to room surfaces or the separate factor of "room gain"(the smaller the room, the more the gain at very low frequencies)would give further bass extension in typical listening situations.

As I've reported in the past, in my own setup the M22s give strong output down to about 50 Hz, and much weaker, but still audible output to about 40Hz. Nevertheless, I still cross them over to the EP500 at 80Hz for the stronger performance in the 40-80Hz octave which it provides, together with taking some of the low bass burden off the M22s so that they can play more cleanly higher up.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.