Thanks Ray. Not sure that I can be called a Michigander though... I've never lived there...

Just a UMich fan. I grew up in Illinois right on the Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin boarder. Went to a Wisconsin game once as a kid, and those Badgers are quite the unruly bunch. I can see supporting your team and not supporting the competitor, but because we were there while visiting relatives and weren't cheering for Wisconsin (we weren't cheering for EITHER team) we had food and drinks thrown at us. Come on, we weren't cheering for anyone. Hated them ever since. I grew up with uncles that were die-hard Iowa Hawkeye fans. They were so obsessive that it was obnoxious. Hate the Hawkeyes too (and I have lived my entire post-college life in Iowa). I went to a college in Illinios (Western Illinois University) and while our football team was good, our other sports stunk, and we weren't on the same playing field (pun intended) as a Big10 school or anything, so I cheered on my team, but watched others on TV. I couldn't cheer for the Illinois Illini because they were terrible at football, and basketball season hadn't kicked in. This was back in 1993 and Michigan was always on because they were winning... They were from the midwest, and I had a few encounters with people from Michigan who were very polite and nice, unlike those stupid Badgers or Hawkeyes, and their team was enjoyable to watch, unlike the Illini. So after watching them a lot, they grew on me and Ive been a fan ever sense. Through the good times, the bad times, and everything in between.

Hey, I am in your lovely state by the way. Although I am almost as far away from you as a person can get. I am working in Harrison, NY and staying (stayed) in New Rochelle, NY. I fly out to Atlanta this afternoon though.

Farewell - June 4, 2020