Wow! Just played the LP version of Joan Baez Diamonds and Rust. The song is on her Greatest Hits CD and when you listen you say 'that's nice, good voice' but the LP version blows you away, you can feel the emotion in her voice. Awesome. Also running thru all my Linda Ronstadt lp's from heart like a wheel, mad love, greatest hits and the big band ones with nelson riddle. Perfect voice but not as much raw emotion. Really loving the micro seiki table, such as lush sound with the psb's and bryston's. Swapped in a rotel cd player for the sony..sounds harsh. I think i should get another bryston and bridge them as mono amps. Was temped by some emotiva monoblocks but will lots of watts per channel really make much difference? I like the sound now so no fiddling till the new year. Besides i spent the budget for this project already...

the other question is are expensive 'audiophile' lp records so much better? Played my neighbours audiophile lp of boz sckaggs silk degrees along with my $1 regular copy and we couldn't hear any difference. Of course we had only 1 tt so no a/b comparisions were possible. Would be a good test but then we need matched turntables and carts, not much chance of that...I have a 45rpm lp that says digital on it and it sounds like crap...