I had nothing to lose. Our 2 year "non-binding" Comcast contract was up and our bill increased by 20%.

We intentionally left the DirectTv dish on the roof and wired, thinking we would change back. We were happy with Direct, but HATED Verizon's phone and Internet, with 13 years worth of major and regular service interruptions. We've been pleased with all 3 services from "Comco$t."

We knew that splitting services could be costly, so I made some calls to other service providers.

Eventually, I called back Comcast with my thoughts. I got them to lower the bill by MORE than the increase, w/no new increase for 2 years. We lost a couple of stupid little 2nd room dvr features, moved up to Xfinity's new X1 platform (huge improvements---most copied from DirectTv) and lost no premium channels.

At over $2300 per year, before the increase, that's a lot of dollars to march out of their clutches, so try it out next time.

I don't think you even have to be gay or anything.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.