Thanks to ALL who have responded - You've entertained, edumocated, and enlightened me!

To answer some of your questions:

All my music is ripped from 44.1 KHz "red book" CDs.
I listen via iTunes streamed to an Airport Express
The TOSLINK output of the Airport is plugged into a Jolida tube DAC
The DAC drives power amplifiers directly (I've got a variety of amps)
The amps currently vertically bi-amplify my Definitive Technology SM65 speakers
I own 3 subwoofers, but none are currently in use.

I listen to stereo almost exclusively unless friends come over for movies.

I like a wide, Wide, WIDE variety of music. My most recent listening session included:

Dolly Parton
LMFAO
Madonna
Stravinsky's Firebird
Norah Jones
The Gatlin Brothers
The Lords of Acid
The Atlantic Brass Quintet
Kraftwerk
Jennifer Warnes
Jerry Reed
Yo Yo Ma
Etc.

As a result of your suggestions, and having actually heard my friend's, I'm leaning toward some M80s. Questions:

Axiom apparently doesn't think that bi-wiring or bi-amplifying their speakers makes any difference. To my ears, however, my DefTechs sound significantly better with bi-amplification. Is Axiom nuts or am I?

Do the cast baskets available from Axiom make any difference in the speakers' sound?

Can additional cabinet bracing be had from Axiom? The one thing bad that I notice about my friend's M80s is that the cabinets seem poorly reinforced.

Does Axiom have annual Christmas sales or something? Their list prices (although inexpensive both in terms of quality for the money and in the absolute sense) are very close to a number of other speakers that I've heard and loved.

And finally - Is anyone on the boards interested in upgrading their Axioms and selling me their old M60s or M80s?

Thanks - Boomzilla

My opinion is worth exactly what you're paying for it!