I am planning on a speaker upgrade in the near future. My setup is M60v2, VP-180, EP-500, and four QS8. I am moving my home theater to a largermroom in a new home and I'm ready for a higher end setup. My receiver is a Dennon 4311 and I currently do not have an external amp(s), but sending pre-amp to externals is something I may consider in the future.

I am considering buying the M100 pair and keeping my VP180. I have not auditioned the M100, but I have listened to other brand speaker that I am considering also. Speakers that I have listened to include Martin logan Theos and Ethos, B&W CM9, CM10, B&W 804 Diamond, Paradigm Studio 60 and Studio 100. I haven't auditioned yet, but would consider Paradigm 30th anniversary Tribute or Signature S8 if I was to get a great deal. I have decided that I do NOT like how the ML Electrostatis sound so I am not considering those any more. Of course all of these other brands are speakers are MUCH more expensive than the M100 by 2-4X, and I would need to buy their matching center to go with the pair of fronts. I probably will be staying with Axiom but I am looking for other opinions. What is the best way to describe the sound difference between M60 v2 and M100? I am 50-50 between movies and two channel music. My music tastes include classic with lots of dynamics such as Stravinsky, Jazz like Spyro Gyra, and also progressive metal including death metal like Dream Theater and BTBAM (between the buried and me). When I listen to metal, I want to hear and FEEL the same pressure levels and dynamics that I experience when I see their live shows. I don't know the exact room size because it's not built yet, but it will be a medium size HT room. Thanks guys.