Originally Posted By: Mad_Chesser
I bought a Pioneer SC-61 and I absoulutely love everything about it, especially MCACC.

As you can see, my right speaker is sort of in a corner and my left speaker has a huge open space into the dining room.

I find after calibration it's not as boomy, but other than that not much changes. This to me means my speaker placement is about as ideal as I can get it in my current room. The only other slight difference I notice is that the center image seems to lower down to the center of my tv. Without calibration it sounds about 1 to 2 feet higher.

This is all pretty new to me, but I'm loving what all the new technology can offer.

I still run into "purists" on a weekly basis.. One is a good friend and believes the motto "they don't make em like they used to". His 30 year old sound dynamic concert monitors crush my m80s apparently smirk

I say take advantage of the great technology at our hands.

Upon first glance at the picture of your set-up, other than the drapes, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of soundproofing as those bare hardwood floors would certainly add to the "boominess" of your sound and I doubt, in this case, if room correction would make much of a difference. If it is possible, I might suggest placing a rug of some sort in that space between the seats and the speakers/monitor which would probably considerably deaden the sound and I would suspect cut down considerably on that boomy sound that you are hearing.

Incidentally, wasn't "Sound Dynamics" Mirage's old "low end" speaker line back many years ago?