Wouldn't you know, I also had a strange dream last night.

I was driving somewhere in Los Angeles with my dad. We were en route from a hotel to somewhere we needed to be and it was around lunch time. We were passing a Legal Seafood restaurant located in a strip mall and my dad asked me to stop so he could check out the fish special. (Now, if you know LA, you know it's filled with strip malls. If you know Legal Seafood, you know they're not located out west. You also know they wouldn't likely be found in a strip mall.)

So, I park the car and we see that the restaurant is actually on the second floor of the strip mall. My dad (in real life) has post-polio syndrome so he's on crutches and doesn't do stairs. Luckily we find an elevator, so everything's fine. We get out of the elevator on the top floor and a waiter meets us there, asking if we'd like to be seated. My dad asks if it's ok to just see the menu and the waiter says "Of course, please follow me."

He leads us over to a ledge overlooking the courtyard on the first floor. There's a carpet-wrapped balance beam across the ledge. The waiter points across the gap to where there's a table with a pile of menus. I'm thinking, "Gee, thanks," but my dad hands me his crutches, gets down on all fours, and starts to crawl out onto the beam.

Before I have time to process the ridiculousness of the situation, my dad loses his grip and falls down into the courtyard with a thud-- probably a 12-15 foot drop. I say, "Oh, great!" and run down the stairs to check on him. He's motionless, flat on his stomach, eyes open and dazed. His body looks like it's made out of clay and has spread out slightly after the impact.

In real life, practically every time my dad has fallen -- even from a trip -- he has broken his leg, so I'm pretty worried in the dream. I ask him if he's ok, thinking the worst, then he slowly starts to move, and eventually stands up under his own power. (I left the crutches upstairs.)

That's pretty much all I remember. I probably woke up shortly after that.