I've listened to a friend's M80s (v3) in my room (he was nice enough to bring them over). However (and this is VERY significant), the only power amp I had at the time was a Crown PS-400 pro amp which is highly sloppy sounding in the bass with four-ohm loads. Although the amp does fine with 6.5 ohm on up loads, it really, really limps when the impedance drops.

That said, the M80s sounded like bookshelf speakers in my 25x15 foot room. No bass at all. We also had to bring the speakers rather close together to get any imaging from them.

I now have an amplifier that is significantly more agile with four ohm loads. I very much liked the transient speed and detail of the M80s. I could add a subwoofer or two to add more bass if needed.

So now to the questions: I'm considering three potential Axiom models - The M80, the M80 with high power woofers, or the M100. I do NOT want the bi or omni directional models due to some right-to-left asymmetry in my listening room.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of the three choices? I'm thinking that if I plan to use a subwoofer, that the high-power woofers (or the extra woofer of the M100) may not be such big deals?

Other pertinent information: I don't listen loudly; all my sources are 44.1 CD-standard audio; I have plenty of power at the 4-ohm impedance of the Axioms; My room has acoustic treatment panels and doesn't echo.

I'm also looking at other brands of speakers, and am not in a rush to buy.

Thanks for the suggestions.

My opinion is worth exactly what you're paying for it!