I'm a new axiom owner and have had about 6 to 7 months on my M80 v3's. I put roughly, on average, about a 150 hours a month on them. So nearing closely to a thousand hours of listening time, here's my impressions:

The M80's are definitely not "bright". Someone here put it perfectly already. They have the true "Canadian" sound that you would expect from psb or paradigm. If I was forced to liken them to a speaker I've owned, I'd say they most closely resemble the pair of Paradigm Monitor 90P's I had. Those speakers had an external amplifier for the three 8" woofers(I believe it was 400 watts). These M80's can dig deeper and harder though, without a separate amplifier built on the speaker smile They are incredibly neutral and in saying that, incredibly revealing. I truly am no word of lie, rediscovering my music collection.

And on the note of revealing, some recordings sound down right awful(I don't listen to many mp3's anymore) and MANY are presenting themselves with things that can only be described as magical smile

The M80's will satisfy even the most dedicated bass junkies. I've blown people away with the fact I don't even have a subwoofer, yet.

I've owned a lot of speakers over the years and these speakers are, without a doubt, the best speakers I've ever owned. I'm enjoying them so much.

The only thing I notice is that when watching movies in stereo mode only, the sound changes quite noticeably when I get up off the couch and walk around. I guess this is the "off axis listening" people talk about. Loud music sounds great everywhere(and I've impressed many people at large get togethers already), but I notice a change when going off axis when it comes to movies. But that's not a gripe for me. I calibrate my system to a specific listening position for a reason.

The M80's are incredibly detailed and produce wonderful sound for any and all material.

I highly recommend taking advantage of their great return policy and customer service. I would bet money on the fact that you will be HIGHLY impressed with their sound.

2 Axiom M80s v3-custom
1 Axiom VP160 v3-custom
2 Axiom QS10HP
2 Cerwin Vega CMX 12's
Pioneer SC-57