Hey Murph , I am one of them there vinyl lovers wink old habits die hard . Something I don't believe people consider when talking about vinyl playback is that in the days of analogue the equipment was everything. Playing a crappy record on a crappy TT is not going to give a wonderfull experience. I was lucky and grew up in a house where high fidelity was a passion of my dads. He bought good equipment (not the likes of NAD) but it was not Lloyds either. 35yrs ago I bought my first amp and TT ,speakers,equalizer etc bit by bit. Pioneer PL 630 TT, SA7800 amp all damn expensive stuff and I still own all of it to this day. About 90% of my records are pristine and other than a little noise on the lead in they are very quiet. I now have a Music Hall TT with ortofon cartridge and a Project phono preamp that I paid 750 bux for , and I would not trade it for anything. One thing I don't do when listening to an LP is skip songs , which I do a lot with digital. When I sit down and listen to an LP I play both sides . Playing an album is a tactile event, to lovingly cleaning the record and the stylus before each play,look at the album cover and read the liner notes, it is all part of the experience and its just not for everyone , but for me its how I like to unwind some days, just getting back to basics.

Richard

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry