Originally Posted By: gjtphx
My M80HP’s were delivered last Monday and I immediately hooked them up and did a quick audyssey calibration. I upgraded to these new speakers from M60v2 that were seven years old. I am powering them with an Emotiva XPA-2. When I started listening to them the quick difference I could feel was more bass. Apart from that I could not feel much difference. I hope that the speakers will sound better after the so called “break-in” period.

I have a 7.1 setup with these new speakers along with a VP-160, 4 QS8’s and one SVS SB-13 Ultra Sub. The QS8’s and VP-160 are powered by Emotiva XPA-5. I am using a Denon 3312ci as processor.

I have been using the new M80HP speakers for over two weeks now and I should comment over here that I can really feel the difference now. I have tested them with all kind of music like Indian classical music and film songs and each time I can feel the difference between these new speakers and my old M60’s. Everything is clean and beautiful sounding now. Bass is terrific. Vocals are clean. I can hear each musical instrument clearly and distinctly.

I should mention that along with these new speakers, I also got an Arcam irDAC and I have been using them as USB speakers with my Synology DS213j DiskStation. Now my lossless music collection and even my old mp3’s sound so good. SACD’s and DVD audio never sounded so good. The best part is that my wife is really happy and we are spending time in media room listening to music more than ever .....

Thank you Axiom !

2 M80 HP, 1 VP160 & 4 QS8
Emotiva XPA-2, XPA-5
Denon 3312ci
Oppo BDP-103
Onkyo C-7030
Arcam irDAC