Thanks - I've now dialled them in with the test tones from JRiver's Media Center and reduced the power a bit from when I was doing it by ear/sight alone.

Given you advice on the Axioms being conservative so I've gone with a 30% setting on the Amp which gives me around 90dB @1m (+/- 2db pending on the speaker) using MC's "narrow-band pink noise at -20dBFS" mode when both the channel and main mix are at their max (+10) . Playback on a couple of pop tracks with these settings saw peak levels just under 110dB @1m with the mixer's just touching the clip indicator (which according to the 6000DSP manual is what you want).

It sounded clear and loud and should prevent the teenagers from over driving anything.... though I'm now a bit deaf in the left ear! Grin

I take your point on the lack of reinforcement as it is a big open area but my wife complained she could not hear the radio in the house when I was testing.... however we had some tradies over who gave it a thumbs up (they thought I was testing the gear for some upcoming gig!).

Thanks
Nathan

HT:M80,VP150,QS8,EP500 Outside:4xM3 Office:AudioBytes, Rumpus: M60,VP150,M22 Portable:2 x Airs