For those not aware, there are only 2 or 3 major manufacturers for all major household appliances with the exception of some out of country (e.g. German made).
I've had a few repairmen come through our house to fix a Maytag washer (6 yrs old), a Kitchenaid dishwasher (small repair from a minor recall notice), a Maytag and a GE fridge...etc.
They've all told me these manufacturers engineer the products under the well known name brand companies but just these few parent corporations own them all. Even Sears/Kenmore buys parts from these makers and just puts together their own units.

Anyone feel free to correct this information if i've been misinformed.

All that being said, which is a good brand name for household appliances knowing that most of the parts and makers are pretty much coming from the same few manufacturers?

I asked this of a few repairmen and the answers always varied. Sure the guy has 30 years experience and says he repairs Maytag the least but then another equally qualified guy tells me he repairs KitchenAid the least.

I'm personally believing that you buy a unit for its features these days and just hope it lasts long enough for you to feel you got a decent buy out of the thing.
Nothing is made to last anymore.

Incidentally we bought a KitchenAid dishwasher about 4 years ago for 50% off its retail price of $1400 because they were 'last years' model and only had 4 left in the store. It was so damn quiet that my mother bought one as well later in the week.
We've had no major issues with them and they continue to perform about as well as could be expected from any decent dishwasher.
Yes, our glasses still have spots.
That's just life with chemistry.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."