I'm going to go with buddy on the left. His hair looks like you could scrub pots with it and he looks like the least stoned of the group. So both cognitive and practical. It's all I ask for in a friend.

Thanks Chris!
First I downloaded rsync and a front end called "Lucky Backup" (Mostly because it reminded me of the Mr. Sparkle episode of the Simpsons, "For lucky best wash, use Mr. Sparkle."

It did everything I needed it to, including scheduling. However, I felt like if I used it,I was going to be made fun of by the big kids, so I took the morning to learn how to write a script and schedule a cron job.

There is something strangely satisfying, in a retro kind of way, about seeing all the commands and results fly by in a console screen. It's kind of like vinyl for computer geeks. The new way is easier but somehow the old way is more satisfying.

I figured I'd be bugging you for help on some of the finer points ,like the syntax on accessing my mounted Windows shared folders or something, but the Internet just makes stuff so easy now.

I even installed mail services so the cron job stopped complaining that it couldn't send me a completion notice.

Then I went snowshoeing for the afternoon. There is only so much basement time I can handle on a sunny day.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.