I just took delivery of my new M80v.4 speakers. I must say how impressed I am. From the way they were packed with attention to the packing foam in the box to protect the speakers, you know that total customer satisfaction was goal #1.

These speakers make my past units feel like they were toys.

So I moved the wire from my current set of Energy Connoisseur C3 bookshelf speakers over to the new M80. I only wished that the units offered would have had the dual amp binding posts, but as they were factory 'B's you can't fault Axiom. Talking about factory 'b', I spent a good 45 minutes going over the speakers to try and find the flaw that would have caused them to be re-jected.. I honestly could not find it. They simply look spectacular.

Then I put my Holy Cole Don't Smoke In Bed CD into my Arcam Alpha7 CD player and selected track 1. The sound simply floored me. There was the deep bass that played with clarity and refinement, that you can hear the wand change direction and the reverberation inside the wood. Holly Cole's voice sounds like she is standing next to me. It is just like being at one of her personal and interactive concerts her in Oakville. Then the piano comes in and fills the room.

I don't know if I can go back to those Energy speakers now. They simply sound empty by comparison. And the scary part is that I have not hooked up the better pre-amp/amp combo yet. And I am stuck in eagerness waiting for my acoustically treated room downstairs to get finished. If I was looking for a motivator to get this project done, now I have one.

Last edited by oakvillematt; 05/14/14 07:03 PM.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5