I currently am changing out my entire HT system. I had a Orb audio 7.1 system mod2 all the way around except for the center channel which was mod4, along with their super eight sub. Down grading to 5.1 as my couch is now against the wall.

The mains I went with are JBL L820 and Center is JBL LC2. For side surrounds I have JBL L820's as well. For subs I am building 2 DIY that will both house UXL-18's. Should be a nice change from the Orb setup.

I have always had my eye on the QS8. My side surrounds are mounted from the ceiling and down. They are 16in off the ceiling and I have 8' ceilings. The are 8ft from center listening position and a hair behind the seating spot.

I know this is a axiom forum so there is going to be some biased here, but I am looking for some honest opinions. I wanted to try and keep the same timbre all the way around with the jbl, but I have always wanted to try out the QS8. I have heard such good things about them. Would you think there would be a notable difference from my mains to the surrounds? From this mounting position would it be better to have the type of speaker such as the QS8 as opposed to the L820? Any other thoughts would be great.