Matt, I have about a thousand classical CDs and certainly wouldn't describe any as "missing any dynamics". I buy(and occasionally recommend here)discs of music I like, well- performed and well-recorded(I would never buy or suggest something solely because of outstanding sound quality).

Among my search methods are studying the performance/sound ratings at Classics Today and paying some attention to Amazon customer reviews. Since I have access to about 150 college and public libraries I'm able to borrow most recordings that might interest me before I buy.

The Dvorak symphonies are also among my favorites and I have several versions of most of them. If you identify more specifically the disc of the 9th that you refer to, I might be familiar with it and comment. However, in the meantime I already have a clear recommendation for a 2-disc set of the Dvorak Symphonies 7-9(I like 7 and 8 at least as much as 9) plus Scherzo Capriccioso with outstanding performances in outstanding sound by Dohnanyi and the Cleveland Orchestra. Available for about $12 up from several Amazon sellers .

If you have some other works that you're interested in I'd be glad to make suggestions about those I'm familiar with, or suggest a few that I think combine great music and great sound.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.