Originally Posted By: exlabdriver
I was a steely-eyed fighter pilot in my younger days with 20/15 eyesight all of my life. Then in my mid 40s I needed readers as most people do - a normal sign of aging.

Despite having worn sunglasses, three years ago I started developing cataracts in both eyes with the right eye outpacing the left. It was really frustrating having better than normal eyesight my whole life & then having everything starting to turn blurry. My night vision was really deteriorating as well. Glasses cannot correct this condition unless they are of coke bottle bottom thickness as seen in people in historical pictures.

Anyway, from what I've seen today, I'm getting back to vision bliss...

TAM

Hi TAM,

What types of planes did you fly??

I too had cataract surgery in both eyes about 2 1/2 years ago. The surgeon also made corrective incisions to improve my Astigmatism. I can see much better than when younger, although I still need mild prescription glasses. I was one of the "lucky" 10% (according to my Doctor) to have fast growing cataracts; went from good to really bad in one year. My wife banned me from driving at night near the end.

Dave

M60v3, VP100v3, QS8v3, EP350v4, Onkyo TX-NR905

M22v2, Vector Research VRX-9000 stereo

AxiomAir