Originally Posted By: oakvillematt
I will agree with bob. I did start off with a set of M80v4, and they were fantastic. I did get suckered into the belief that there was not enough bass out of the M80.. (but I was probably fooling myself).

I traded them back to Axiom (in the 30 days) and went with the LFR1100, and the full orchestra is there.

But I think that you will be fooling yourself in thinking that you need a whole load of bass. I guess it depends on what sort of music you are listening to. If you do get a sub then yes by all means you can crank up that sub amp to give you more sonic thump, but it will be at the cost of loosing detail in the mids as it will get lost in the thump.

Not much sort of a pipe organ really gives that sonic residence that needs a sub. Your M80 should be able to get down into that 29~35hz range that most music doesn't get blow on a good day.

I will say however that the LFR1100 do sound very sweet and fill the room to the point you are no longer listening to music, rather experiencing it.

And Matt has generously offered a zero-interest, 5-year loan program (on him) for those wishing to upgrade to 100's or 1100's! What a guy!

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.