I guess I meet the "at least 4" thick" criteria for sure laugh

It's not in the picture, but there's also a 4" thick panel mounted vertically on the left edge of the wall, with a 4" air gap behind it so essentially all of the non-glass area in the corner is covered by trap. Adding the panel seemed to help a bit but it's hard to be sure without test equipment -- seemed to help anyways.

Initial tests had 8" thick SnS straddling the corners, but results were not as good as stacking everything in one corner. I think that was because most of the corners didn't actually have much bass signal due to the funky floorplan... so traps put there were semi-wasted.

Since all of my wall-wall corners are at least 50% glass I figure the straddling model doesn't work so well because bass is not reflected back from the glass. That doesn't explain the difference between the front left corner and the rest though.

Internet research (there's an oxymoron for you) suggests that the peak of the cathedral ceiling would be a good place to trap but I'm not going up there to check -- guess I need a microphone on a stick so I can go bass hunting without having to get my head 20 feet up.

Until I find more bass somewhere though, I guess the big pile stays.

Last edited by bridgman; 07/22/14 05:32 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8