OK, I broke down and ordered a VPI 16.5, so if anyone living in the Toronto area wants to come over and play with it let me know.

I've decided what every vinyl owner needs, but guessing I'll need to make it myself for now. Rather than having a solid audio rack with the turntable on top, I'm thinking about an audio rack with record bins on top (like the old record stores, where you look at the front of the LPs and flip them forward to find the one you want) and a separate stand/shelf for the turntable.

Has anyone seen something like this ? All the LP storage solutions seem to treat them like CDs or DVDs, where the spines face you rather than the fronts. I don't even like that solution for CDs/DVDs, let alone LPs.

BTW I just ordered a few LPs from Amazon. I was worried about whether they would survive the shipping process but when they arrived I was surprised how well packaged everything was. Each LP had its own cardboard box maybe 3/4" thick, and then the LPs were stacked in a larger box along with other junk I ordered. VERY nice.

Last edited by bridgman; 08/13/14 05:48 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8