Originally Posted By: bridgman
When time next permits I'll put a bass-heavy track on again and go up in the loft to see if there's a build-up of bass there as well, or up in the peak. If so, then I guess that's where the next bass traps go.

Nope, all the bass seems to be on the ground floor where hall, bathroom, bedroom and bedroom closet all meet. Nothing significant up in the loft, not even in the peak. Bass seems to increase a bit as I get closer to the floor in the loft but that is consistent with having max bass one story down.

I realized today that the bass buildup is not just under the peak in the loft ceiling but also midway along the length of the open area in the house, which I sort of expected to be a null rather than a peak. Auggh.

Getting tempted to haul everything outside where there are no walls, no room reinforcement, no peaks and no nulls, at least until winter comes or mice build nests in the M60s. No way I have time to start from scratch with a new layout. For now I'll just stand in the bedroom when I want bass.

I'm almost ready to consider port plugs, but not quite that desperate yet laugh

EDIT - Chesseroo, did you find the RS meter and if so did it have a jack ?

Last edited by bridgman; 08/17/14 11:13 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8