OK, no more changes for a while. I've been missing the M60's from the HT system (the M42's just didn't sound the same, even with levels re-tweaked) and I was even eyeing a used pair of Revel F12's as a way to let me move the M60's back upstairs, free up the M2's for use as rear surrounds, and stop agonizing about spending $3-4K on new speakers for the music system.

Out of curiosity I moved the M40's back downstairs last night. With the bigger amp and improved room acoustics they now sound *really* good, and AFAICS they actually go a bit deeper than the M60's (although not as loud and a bit recessed in the midrange). Bass drum sounds deeper, I finally figured out what is so catchy about Kylie Minogue's "Can't get you out of my head" (there's a really deep bass pulse off-the-beat from the rest of the rhythm), and I can *finally* hear the really low notes in "On the run" from DSOTM crawling around under the floor.

My subs should have been able to reproduce those low notes from DSOTM but I guess the room & placement were never up to snuff. I think this is the first time I have ever heard "On the run" sound right on a system at home -- that's been a "megabuck demo room" experience only until now.

Last edited by bridgman; 08/28/14 05:58 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8