Ha ha, thanks, guys.

One good thing. I decided to finally give up on the apron sink for the kitchen. It would have take some real finagling to make it work, since IKEA doesn't make a cabinet that will work for the sink I bought without modifying it. I also didn't double-check the plans well enough when I had the design done, so they left the cabinet doors too tall for the sink cabinet, and those plans went to Semihandmade, who made my custom doors and fronts. So to make this sink work would have required either cutting the cabinet down and building supports for it, or buying a new base cabinet for it, as well as cutting down the doors. I really like the look and size of the sink, but I'm finally ready to let that slight preference go and get a drop-in to simplify everything.

I was looking at something along the lines of this one: Kohler Vault K-3821. Thoughts? I mean, I'll try to find another brand that isn't so expensive. I still like stainless steel for it, especially with the oven being the only other stainless steel in the kitchen at this point. It seems like it would be odd not to give it a sibling.

We may be going with cultured marble for the countertop. My dad was pleased with the shower and vanity countertop he had done for his bathroom, so I'm willing to hear them out. Here is a page with some photos:

Columbia Cultured Marble - Kitchen Showcase

I'm not sure if I'll go darker or lighter than the floor, but I'm pretty sure I want a good contrast.

For the bathroom, I was considering a wall-mount sink to keep it feeling more open, as well as just a mirror instead of a medicine cabinet, instead just relying on some floating shelves to keep handy what I use. But I'm back and forth on that. I'm at the point where I just want to keep things moving forward.

I bought a waste can for my bathroom, and I was surprised to see it was made in Canada. Umbra Garbino