The M-100's are such amazing, FULL RANGE loudspeakers, that I am never tempted to use the ep500 when listening to any music; new recordings, old recordings, great ones, not-so-great ones, and the vastness of music that is everything in between. Why fart around?

M3's are great! Two friends have them. Loved my 60's. A nearby friend has standard 80's---great speaker, awesome price. The 100's are not a subspecies, but a newly minted one, all to its own. I'm closing in on 10 months with them. I haven't been through all of my cd's yet, but each "first-timer" surprises me---still.

Some of this music I've been listening to for 50 years! Some of it was released last month. (The new Prince, eh, is "good." "Planet Earth " was better. The new Tom Petty---best record of his since "Full Moon Fever." Every track!)

For no amount of money could any music made from the 1950-80's sound THIS great at the time of its release! I'm listening to stuff like no one could possibly have been able to back when it was "new" music! That still "blows my mind, you cats."

OK, so I'm a purist, with lots of things. Using a sub with these, is for me, like turning them into a ghetto ride.

And if one were to really care about such things, I can feel these through my feet four rooms away, at "normal" listening levels. "Royals," by Lordes, feels like the house is gonna give way. Thankfully, still, not one thing in the house buzzes, like the trunk lid and door liners of aforementioned ghetto rides.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.