Originally Posted By: TroyD
Thanks Bob, that's what I am looking for. A review from a user and not one of these pro-reviews.
Just wish I could get one person who had the M80's and upgraded and did a side by side comparison.
I know Ian said if I am using a sub with my M80's I wouldn't notice a difference.

Cat and BBIHB and TAM

No, Sorry I don't want to be getting up and turning the sub down and or up and down.

The Anthem Reciever will setup and calibrate for both a music setting no LFE and for Movies with LFE. So, I can watch or listen to music DVD in one Blu-ray player and movies in another.

Thanks all

I may have to send my M80's back for a year and get M100's

I started to write a quick blurb yesterday and ended up deleting it.
It started with the quotes from Home Theater Shack's $3000 review, specifically that the M100 will likely need more room around it than the M80HP.

My experience with the M80 and the M80HP's was an eye opener, literally.

I had a few weeks with both pairs connected on a switcher and had plenty of time (an hour a day or so) with both playing different content.

At first I was listening for just the difference in bass output. It wasn't until the stars aligned and I was able to listen without distraction, could be focused in every possible way, that I heard exactly how they sounded different. I swapped locations just to be sure it wasn't just the locations...

I had been switching between them, eyes closed in my darkened room, when it got me. I could see (in my mind) clearly defined objects in space, even from outside the physical boundaries of the room. It literally opened my eyes(it startled me).
The "defined objects in space" weren't not comparable with anything I had ever experienced. Many times in the past I had clearly pictured artists in front of me. I thought I had experienced a little bit of everything that could be experienced with 2 channel audio before that moment. In the moment the objects were more like, for lack of a better description, dark cloud like blotches in the locations an instrument or singer was located, in many cases moving as though the artist was walking across the stage. It was very memorable but difficult to put into words.
It wasn't that the HP's were night and day until that moment. The next night I experienced the same involvement/realistic presentation/surprise, I packed up the M80's. They sat packaged at the bottom of the stairs ready to ship for another few weeks.

Never before had I ever experienced or felt the feeling, almost like the singers were there, looking at you, no descriptor for that feeling.

Still very satisfied.