Originally Posted By: TroyD
Thanks BRWSAW
Was that M80v4 or v3 ?
I guess that's where, Brad is talking about the differences in the crossovers what you are hearing.
Another thing I realized with your comment and saw it before ..... M100 need room. My room is 11.5' x 18 x 7.5.
My M80's are about 9" from the rear to the beack wall. I am hearing that the M100's need 24" I don't have the room for that.
BBIBH, yes .. I think I was referring more to CAT response on can always turn the sub down. Sorry, to mix you up there.
I find if I have a sub, been there done that. With the M80's I find with music, and I know the volumn thing ..... that if I am listening to music I want to dial the sub back to like 3. But in Movies, put it back to 5 ish.

Hmmmm, now that I am thinking, if I have two subs and setup the Anthem I can always adjust the lev on the sub lower for the music setting. I am going to have to see if the individual settings are for both Music and Movies or if they are independant.

I like BRWSAW's review though in the difference and maybe I need a v4. I have v3's

The M80's were V3 and the HP's are labeled V3 but were built right when all the changes happened. They shipped with V3 tweeters which Axiom nicely replaced with the V4's.

I should note our room dimensions are similar and, to date, the HP's sound their best/most natural with the front baffle nearly 4' into the room. I will (can't help myself) adjust this soon but this is a big consideration.

I'd suggest moving the M80 a little further out into the room, even a couple 2-3 inches, and if possible try positioning the tweeters about 28" (make sure the distance to the front wall and rear wall, when measured from the front baffle are not identical, 1:1.3 was recommended somewhere...)from the side walls and toe them in ever so slightly. The walls of my towers are parallel to the side walls. Its worth a shot and the difference may surprise you.

The seating position has a lot to do with what you hear as well, moving you seat (ears) +/-1" of the center line of the room worked well for me.

The divisions used for seat and speaker placement can have an effect on bass quality. Please consider the following...

http://www.magicgardenmastering.com/SpeakerSetUp.pdf

"It’s important to remember is that the room can be divided into far more than just
quarters or thirds. At even divisions the bass is reinforced and at odd divisions the bass
is canceled."

Last edited by brwsaw; 10/09/14 04:06 PM.