re: lowered 1992 Honda Accord Wagon. I think I've been misunderstood (like I told my parents 40+ years ago!).

My ep500 is not adjusted improperly.

For most recordings made within this century (and a good part of the previous decade), I am not missing something, in my ears or my in head, without the sub on. I have a very dead room; WTW, fl to ceil. hvy lined draperies; WTW on the draperies as well on or three of four walls. No leather furniture---and a 50 lb., dbl.-coated dog in a sheep-fur-lined "daybed." I'm talkin' dead!

If you frequently average listening levels exceeding 95 db, those 3 HD speakers in each cabinet are there for a reason, hence the name "HD." They ain't kiddin'!

In addition, the insides of the cabinets are different from an M100 to any 80. It's supporting a 3rd woofer in each cabinet. It has to be bigger. The crossovers on the 100's use a unique algorhthym, specific to, and exclusive to themselves. Like I said, They are their own beasts.

If you "dare" to order them, be sure you really have the $$, or at least the headroom on your plastic. You WILL NOT be sending them back. And it will have nothing to do with anything I've said here. You'll be transported and you won't be thinking. You will have on a stupid grin that your wife or girlfriend, or both, will want to slap off of your face.

They are a ridiculous value, even in wood (there he goes!)

A 40+ plus year friend of mine got a pair of speakers for his 60th last year and he's been looking forward to having me stop by and give 'em a spin. I've been putting it off. I'm sure he already knows his can't sound like my 60's (he LOVED them), because they're bookshelves. However, they're B & W's that Janet forked over almost $3g's for. He will want to make plans then to come over and hear MY new speakers. In vinyl, they're about the cost of his. These will kill him, just kill him. Of course, she did it to keep from having two floor-standers show up at the back door some day.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.