temp post as former self. keyboard is broken and underscore wont work. mad this will be an all lower case post. grin no shift key function....

i am at the point of starting to pin down all the technical aspects that make a theater a theater. lighting is set. zones are layed out. lots of circuit power headroom. now i have to ask a couple of questions.

1. projector mounting. i ran a little test with the planned ceiling mount location of the pj for stability.

i made a makeshift pendulum with a lazer attached to one end and fixed to the floor joist. i had someone walk around like a dinosaur upstairs and observed the bounce at the other wall of approx 5 inches or so from plumb.

without resorting to a wall shelf mount situation, what is the best option to eliminate vibration short of major structural stuff, of course.

2. i have roughed in the pvc conduit and 2 double gang boxes for the av rack location outside of the room [see first post]. they are about 1' apart and the top power box is about 8 inches below the conduit. these are fed from the ups located in the mechanical room just behind me taking this pic. comments or concerns welcome. i defer to those pioneers before me. wink

p.s. nick and chess your lighting ideas from earlier are part of the room. kudos to you both.

Last edited by Hellcommute; 11/24/14 11:14 PM.