Hi,
I'm new on the forum. Plan is to start building a 5.1 system. I started seaching for a pair of good floorstanding speaker. I live in canada near ottawa. My receiver is a denon x3000. (105 w x7). So far I 've started looking on forum, pro review ect. So far I've auditionned PSB XT2 & Paradigm monitor 11 unfortunately from different store. I prefered the PSB xt2. And this week-end I will try again in another store the Monitor Audio Silver 6. And there is axiom ( like m60). We can try them but ok if I don't like rhem we talk around 90-100$ to ship them back plus the troubke to do it.

Pro review seem good in general for axiom. But on forum it seem to be 50/50. Some People that really like them ( say that they worth speaker x2 the price) and other that say they are too bright(don't laught :-) but i' m not quite sure what it mean). And that also overall quality is cheap for the price. There is probably exageration from both camp....

In all case we talk about spending between 1200-1500$ Can+taxes. To be fair with all these 4 brands I think, I will improve the sound quality I have with my tv laugh . But I thought it will have been easy but to be honest I started being scare with axiom because of the so so review especially. But again other person say they are in general good bang for the buck...I'm also open at suggestion.

Anyway help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by storm266; 12/12/14 05:27 AM.