No room sketches but my room is about 17 x 21 with 12 foot ceilings. Couch is along the long dimension. Sitting position is About 10 to 11 feet from front center, fronts are 10 feet apart. I've tried my sub between the TV and front right, back right cornerx and currently it is pretty much even with couch on right wall. I had it in Back right corner the longest time, but recently noticed it is extra boomy in the bedroom from the location and a little dead from couch. Not horrible, but enPugh difference that my wife notices bass from bedroom more than I do on couch. Moving the sun forward 4 feet even with the couch seems to solve this but I feel like a second sub would smooth things out a bit.

Is it imperative that the subs be identical? I assume that is best but not required as long as they have similar capability.

The more I think about it I could probably figure a way to put the second sub on opposite exterior wall if that proved to be the best location sound wise. I'd end up having to route through the exterior brick wall or cut drywall and re-texture but I could make it happen.

Last edited by terzaghi; 01/04/15 12:49 AM.

-David