Here are the shades in the stairwell windows, at least:

They ended up being different colors because I'm not always smart. I had originally ordered both in black, but I didn't double-check my measurements even though they say to be sure. I was sure, but I wasn't right. The top of the window opening is an inch narrower than the bottom in one of them, so there's no way it was fitting. Because they're custom, there are no refunds, of course. I bought them during a 20% off sale at Home Depot. Fortunately, another 20% off sale was going almost immediately after that one ended. Unfortunately, I didn't have the shades until the very end of the second promotion. As in, the last day of it, so when I went to install and found out it wouldn't fit, I felt pressured to order a replacement to save 20%. So at 11:fifty-something PM, I ordered a replacement, but it was "Silver Fox" instead of black, because I couldn't find the black on the website. It turns out I was in the blackout section instead of merely light-filtering, so besides the mis-matched color, the gray one is blackout, and the black one lets some light through. I've basically messed up in every way possible. Plus, there's another 20% off promotion going. I also found out Costco lets you buy Bali shades from them, and they had 10% off, but I don't know how their base price compares.

If I do replace one, I'll probably make the black one "Silver Fox" as well, so I can have the blackout. Most people reacted negatively to the two colors, but the hottest one said I should keep them mis-matched, so we'll see what happens. Ha ha.

And here's the Origami kitchen cart I got so I could have a place to set down groceries when I come down the stairs:

I'm still thinking carpet for the stairs, whatever is supposed to be the most durable. Dragging my feet on that because the stairwell still needs to be repainted, since it's been banged up a fair amount throughout the renovation, and I want the painting done before the carpet is installed just so I don't have to be as careful. Maybe I should get the rest of my furniture before painting, too? I still really like the idea of eventually making that stairwell a climbing wall, but that would be a lot of work redoing the walls with thick plywood to be able to support all of the handholds.