I have my iMac in my room and figured that I would take advantage of the promo for the new computer speakers here.

I don't have any plans to buy the sub for the speaker system and ruled out the M1 speakers, but I am trying to figure out if there is a noticeable sound improvement going from the M2 to M3? I have never heard the small bookshelf speakers from Axiom so I have zero referance point to work from. I have hear the M80's and thought they were great and now have the LFR's. Not anything I need for a bedroom..just too big. But I would like to get a reasonable type of sound from them. I can see fromt he SPL vs Freq graphs that the M2 is an ultra flat around 90db but dives at 100hz to nothing around the 70hz point. Where the M3 seems to have a bit more variance (90-95db) with a bit of a bump at 150hz but a more gradual fall off down to an achievable 50hz at the low end.

Right now I have a cheep set of Logitech plastic wonders that cost a whopping $50, and I know that the new speakers are going to blow them away. But will that extra 20hz of lower bass sound make me smile? and will I be able to actually hear it at reasonable low volumes? I know that reason has me saying it's only about $40 difference so why am I asking, but I do want to know.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5